Panel Gauge


A panel gauge is normally used for marking wide panels such as table tops or doors. This one is made of Australian Rosewood. The large beam is aprox. 4'6" or 1400mm and has fitting to accept a pencil or can be changed to a brass plug with a pin in it. The small beam is 600mm long and is fitted with a pin. A brass faced rebate helps keep the gauge running along an edge. The gauge was finished with an oil/varnish mixture. I don't use it very often but it makes the job very easy.